Troy McGarr – Athletic Director
Athletic Department Philosophy:
Participation, performance and competition in the athletic program will focus on the opportunity for students to develop and exhibit skills to the best of their abilities. All athletic squads will be treated with equality. Team and individual performance will be developed and recognized.
Objectives of the Athletic Program:
1. Participation in athletics shall be available to any student expressing a desire to be involved.
2. The values of good sportsmanship and the dynamics of teamwork shall be stressed constantly.
3. The importance of teaching young athletes now to give and receive recognition shall be incorporated into practices and games.
4. The interaction of special friendships and the impact of adult role models should always be a part of the awareness of those working with young athletes.
5. Students shall be challenged to strive for the highest level of excellence for each athlete as they participate and compete.
6. Students shall be given the opportunity to explore the capabilities of their changing physical make-up, with the recognition of the potential for further physical growth.
Richards has a rich tradition of student-athletics in Muscogee County. Go Warriors!
|Season||Sport/Club||Head Coach||Contact – school phone: 706-569-3697|
|Spring||Boys TrackGirls Track||Gwen Ingram||Ingram.Gwendolyn.J@muscogee.k12.ga.us|
All boys and girls interested in playing golf, contact Mr. Chris Parker ASAP at Parker.John.C@muscogee.k12.ga.us.
Information about the Richards golf club:
— Open to all students at RMS and 5th graders at Clubview who plan to attend Richards next year
— For players of all skill level – from nationally ranked juniors to beginners
— No limit to the number of beginners that can be on the team
— A faculty/parent volunteer is needed to help with the B-team – Varsity and JV teams have assistance
— Cost of the league is $80 per player plus required forms to complete – all due September 2nd
— Time commitment is a day for practice and a day for the match
— 6 matches in the regular season and post-season opportunities as well (if the team qualifies)
The Optimist Tournament will be held a week from Saturday at Godwin Creek golf course in Bibb City. The entry is free to all participants and this round would count for anyone interested in trying out for the team as a qualifier.
The Fore Kids Brochure is information on the cheapest program in town for those who would like to try golf out for a month. Players would get both instruction and a membership at Godwin Creek. This is a great opportunity to see if your child likes golf without spending a lot of money – clubs are provided when at the course.